Female Tech Engineer is a talent program for women and non-binary persons in engineering studies, who aim to be part of pioneering tech transformation in the future. We arrange the program in proud collaboration with our partner companies: Husqvarna Group, Nasdaq, Mycronic, Senior Material, Northvolt and Munters. Our mission is to give you, as a penultimate or last year engineering master student, insight on different paths that are available within tech at the partner companies, as well as help you build your personal toolbox on how to navigate your career and work life in general. The program is free of charge and runs alongside your studies from mid-January to mid-March, with a total of eight meet-ups in the Stockholm Area or at the companies sites and three additional digital activities (see schedule below).
Out of hundreds of applicants, 40 participants are selected for a tailor-made program designed to give you the best start of your career in tech. At the end of the program, we are sure that you will feel more confident in yourself and your abilities as both an engineer and future tech pioneer. You will also have gained a network of valuable contacts with key stakeholders at the companies, found nowhere else.
Apart from the amazing opportunities you get as a participant, you will also have the chance to be selected for the award 'Female Tech Engineer of the year'. The student who is awarded this title will be offered an individual and tailored self-leadership program with the organisation 'Nya Ledarskapet', to ensure that you step out in work life as your best self possible.
TO SUMMARIZE - WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- To get a unique opportunity to discover your dream job and have the chance to be recruited by the partner companies after the program
- To have a chance to grow your personal network of key stakeholders from some of Sweden's most influential companies - a chance rarely given!
- To share an experience of a lifetime together with like-minded engineering students and make new friends
- To develop personally in a professional setting and prepare yourself for a future role as an engineer
- To get access to membership in CoGig's Business Network, a network consisting of women and non-binary engineers who have previously participated in one of our three talent programs. As a member you will be invited to exclusive networking events, get a helping hand from CoGig regarding your career development and of course have CoGig and other alumni as your supporters throughout your work life. (Ps. even if you aren't selected for the program, we save your profile for future recruitment opportunities. In other words - you have nothing to lose!)
SCHEDULE - PROGRAM ACTIVITIES:
January 16 - Digital Meeting: Welcome to Female Tech Engineer
We meet on Teams in the late afternoon to say hi and go through the upcoming program schedule together. Perfect time to ask questions and start getting to know the other participants.
January 30 - Inspiration Day
First day of the program! You will get to know the other students and the partner companies through workshops and meet-and-greets. Your will also perform a case exercise in smaller groups to practice problem-solving in front of a jury of company representatives. We end the day with a mingle session and some drinks and snacks.
January 31, and February 6-8 & 21-22 - Visits at the partner companies
During these dates we will visit the partner companies at their own sites. All visits are half-a-day long and you will stay at a hotel or at friends/family while away on the visits. All visits are tailor made by the companies, hence every visit will look different. You will go on min. 70% of the visits.
March 4 - Pitch Day
Ten selected finalists will go through to do a last challenge for the award 'Female Leader Engineer of the year'. The finalists will pitch their own tech-solution to a problem of choice and why they should be awarded the title. The pitch is made digitally, in a Teams meeting, in front of the partner companies. You will get an individual time-slot of approx. 1 hour during the day.
March 6 - Female Tech Engineer Gala
At the gala you will meet key stakeholders and more representatives from the partner companies, as well as other guests working within the engineering field. It is an exciting night all about networking, inspiration and amazing food and drinks. Together we will celebrate the program and you as participants.
March 14 - Digital meeting: Reflections and membership in CoGig's Business Network
As the gala is quite a hectic night we want to gather all participants one last time for a digital meeting on Teams. We meet for an hour in the late afternoon to reflect on the program, introduce you to CoGig's Business Network and say goodbye.
WHO CAN APPLY TO THE TALENT PROGRAM?
Women and non-binary persons in their penultimate or last year of a master program within the engineering-field who:
- Are interested in tech and enjoy solving problems with the help of digital tools
- Are interested in the partner companies of the program and want to get to know them more
- Have some kind of theoretical or practical experience of tech, coding or problem-solving with digital tools or want to learn more about it in the future
- Are proficient in both spoken and written English (the program welcomes Swedish students as well as international students enrolled at an engineering program in Sweden)
Apply to the program by answering all the questions on the next page as well as attaching these three documents:
- Your CV (PDF)
- Answers to the two questions below (max 1 page, in PDF-format)
- Professional picture of yourself for recognition during the process, for partner companies and marketing during the program (JPG)
We want your application to be in English.
After you have sent in you application, you will also be sent a link to a logic and personality test via Alva Labs. Based on your own rating of your coding skills you will also perform a coding test to confirm you skill level. However, coding/programming skills are not crucial for being selected to the program, but of course beneficial as it is a skill the companies are in need of. It is also gives us and our partner companies important statistics. If you want to know more about why we use psychometric tests in our selection process please go to our website: https://www.femaletechengineer.se/application-process
Questions to answer in one document (max 1 page in total for both questions):
Question 1: Describe one experience or more, where you have worked with tech in some form e.g interesting courses, problem-solving, designing, programming or perhaps if you have helped develop a new product, service or process. (in a school project, at work, or just on your free time)
Question 2: If you would wish today, what do you see yourself working with in about three to five years time and why? It must not be a specific role, it can be for example an area or industry that you are interested in, a problem in society you want to solve or a company. Tip: remember that we are looking for participants interested to learn more about the partner companies and their industries.
We look forward to your application at the latest on Wednesday, December 6!
Learn more about Female Tech Engineer and CoGig on our websites: femaletechengineer.se and cogig.se
If you have any questions, please contact Program Manager Emma Fredriksson at firstname.lastname@example.org
All steps in the program take place in the Stockholm region and at the partner companies' locations. For participants in the program, CoGig is happy to offer reasonable compensation for travel and accommodation costs for scheduled activities.
No references needed, skip that step when asked. You can also skip clicking the connect button, that shows after the credentials question. At that point, your application is already registered.